Our activities aim to improve both mental and physical wellbeing.
The Friends of Margam Park organise many activities which members can become involved in to improve both their mental and physical wellbeing.
Metal Health Activities include:
* Health walks around the park grounds where visitors can learn about the varied flora and fauna that can be seen at the park.
* Historical walks and tours, where visitors can learn about historical sites such as the Iron Age hillfort and Margam Castle.
* Other historical activities such as the living history project where members have been restoring some of the rooms inside the castle.
Physical Activities Include:
* Gardening - Our members of the Friends have been lovingly restoring the historical garden at Twyn Yr Hydd to try to return it to it former glory
* Achaeology - Members have the opportunity to participate in archaeological digs at historical site Capel Mair.
* Litter Picking - Members can help keep the park clean and tidy by litter picking on a regular basis, either in a group or solo. All equipment is provided. The efforts of our litter pickers have assisted the park to obtain the coveted Green Flag award for the last few years.